Enter the solution: my first Bible study notebook!
How to Create Your Own Bible Study Notebook
What is a Bible Study notebook?
A Bible study notebook is a practical way to organize all of your faith based notes and resources together. Ideally, each aspect of your spiritual life will be organized in a notebook or binder, separated by tabs, and stored together for easy access.
This Bible study binder also provides the opportunity to look back and remember God’s faithfulness in your life. Your notebook will become a treasured keepsake over the years and provide a record of God’s provision and guidance.
What supplies do I need for my study notebook?
- A binder notebook
- 3 hole punch
- 3 hole pencil pouch and writing utensils (optional)
How do I assemble my Bible study notebook?
While there are several ways to organize a Bible study notebook, my favorite way is to group by topic. This simple system allows one to quickly access a particular topic and section of study with ease.
First, create a tab for each of your categories. Popular sections include the following:
- Favorite Scriptures
- Bible study
- Word studies you want to do
- Sermon notes
- Bible journaling or Illustrations
Hint: Be sure to grab our FREE Bible Study Template Sheets below. These are a great addition to your Bible study notebook!
Feel free to add additional tabs to fit your own needs and style. Personalizing this system will help you create routine and use it often.
What do I put in each section?
- At the front of the notebook, clip in the pencil pouch and fill it with writing utensils. It’s so handy to have an assortment of pens, pencils, high lighters and colored pencils available when you study God’s Word.
2. Use the prayer request section to track prayer requests, rejoice over praises and even write out your own prayers. It’s a gift to be able to reflect on what God has done and how He changes lives through prayer!
3. In the favorite Scripture tab, write down verses that speak to you as you are studying. When the hard times come, these verses will anchor your soul and keep you rooted in God’s Truth. What a blessing to have your favorite verses compiled in one place for easy reference!
4. As you dive into God’s Word through Bible study, use the Bible study section as a place to store all of your notes. You may wish to incorporate the following study methods if you are looking for tips on how to study the Bible:
5. Then, each time you attend church or listen to a sermon, take notes and add it to the Sermon Notes section of your notebook. This will help you retain the message and remember the Good News that was shared.
6. Use the final section to illustrate a favorite verse, worship song or phrase God has laid on your heart. You don’t have to be an artist or even have solid drawing skills to worship the Lord through artistic creation. Plus, these doodles make a special keepsake as you recall certain times in your life.
Whether you need to organize your quiet time or just want to have a keepsake memento of your time studying God’s Word, a DIY Bible notebook is a practical resource for Christians of all ages. Enjoy connecting with God through this special study tool!
Her bundle of ready-made printables and templates is packed with goodies for your very own DIY Bible Study Notebook.
Grab your Bible Study Toolkit here and start creating your own Bible study binder today!