As we are in the skies today, a special blogging buddy, Leah Adams , is here on the blog. Leah shares a practical gift you can give yourself or prepare for another…
Recently a friend gave me a gift that has become incredibly precious to me.
It is a priceless gift, yet it is intensely practical.
The gift is very, very old—an antique, in fact; yet it is relevant and significant in my everyday life.
This gift is personalized, making it unique and very special. However, it would be a perfect fit for almost anyone.
I began to use it the first day I received it and found it to be exactly what I needed. In the midst of a day that brought feelings of being forgotten, this gift reminded me how loved I truly am. How could my friend have known? It is almost as if someone told her my needs.
What was my gift, you ask?
It was an email with an attachment that included Bible verses personalized with my name. I’ve prayed Scripture for years, but seeing the Word with my name inserted into it as a personal promise from God was almost more than my heart could take.
As I allowed the words of one of the verses to minister to my heart, I was reminded of the truth of the first part of Hebrews 4: 12 when it says, “For the word of God is living and active.” The living Word of God spoke deeply into my heart and situation.
May I share a few of the personalized verses with you?
• “Leah, I will not forget you! See I have engraved you on the palms of My hands.” Isaiah 49: 15-16 (NIV)
• “Be confident of this, Leah, I will complete the good work I began in you until the day of Jesus Christ.” Philippians 1: 6
• “Leah, My love for you is so great and so deep that I sent My only Son to die for you. For you, Leah, so that by believing in Him you may not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3: 16
• “Leah, call upon Me and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find Me, when you search for me with all your heart. I will be found by you, and I will bring you back from your captivity.” Jeremiah 29: 12-14a (NIV)
• “I am the Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, who saves; I will rejoice over you with gladness, Leah. I will quiet you with My love, I will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3: 17 (NKJV)
• “Fear not Leah, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.” Isaiah 43:1
Now, go back and try it with YOUR name inserted into these verses.
Do you see how powerful the Word is when it is personalized into your life and heart? When you and I truly believe and put our faith in the Living Word of God our lives are transformed and we leave a legacy of faith everywhere we go.
MEDITATION MOMENT: What verses can you personalize for yourself that will help your faith grow? I’d love for you to share them here with your name inserted into them.
Leah Adams is not exaggerating when she calls herself ‘the prodigal son’s sister’. Raised in a Christian home and saved at the age of 15, Leah made the choice to walk away from Him in her 20’s. After years of living to please only herself, she heard the call to return to Jesus in her 30’s. Leah’s speaking and writing ministry, The Point Ministries, focuses on the grace that Jesus offers to anyone willing to ask for it.
Leah is the author of a six week Bible study entitled, From the Trash Pile to the Treasure Chest: Creating a Godly Legacy. She is currently writing her second Bible study from the book of Hebrews. Leah has spoken to groups large and small about the legacy we are leaving for the generations that come behind, as well as other topics. She writes for Internet Café Devotions, CBN.com, and Christianparenting.org.
Visit Leah at her website (www.leahadams.org), on Facebook (Leah Colwell Adams) and Twitter (@PointMinistries).